Dear Laima team,
Our first week of your dinner service as a trial and we are all very
impressed for the following
- I did not have to think what to cook - all was planned and shopped for the
four of us, a very relaxing feeling
- I actually was looking forward to my cooking preparations as everything
was clearly described and easy to follow
- The quality and the products your provide are of very high standard (the
meat was so delicious and fresh, so was the fish)
- The vegetable composition was interesting and my son remarked surprisingly
that the carrots in the salad were actually yellow and not orange
- Also my son 16 1/2 years was looking forward to every dinner of this week
- as it brought such variety and new flavours - this compliment from a
teenager is a very good sign I guess!
The grains and pulses were a new discovery - and even though I often cook
lentils, beans and whole grains - you introduced me to new options
- Delivery of Laima's was punctual and in a very friendly way - so much
- Lots of care goes into the presentation and clearness of the instructions
and the fact that you even deliver in biocompostable plastic bags shows your
the environment and attention to details.
So we are very happy with the quality and price relationship of the 5 days
menu and will definitely come back for more.
Week #48 amendment to the Tortilla wraps - I made my homemade Guacamole
which are two ripe avocados peeled, cut, and then squashed with a fork, add
soya sauce, a bit of tobasco sauce, salt, a dash of nutmeg, a of dash of
garlic powder and 100ml of soya cusine cream - mix everything with the fork
and serve with the Tortillas as a creamy accompanying sauce.
With my very best wishes,
Sabine and family
Hi, I wanted to let you know that we were very satisfied with the service and dinners of our first order. We are only 2 and probably will not be ordering every week, even though I also take home-cooked lunches now to work. At the same time, the variety of food and new recipees are such a great complement to our cooking! I am on a low-glycemic-index diet and I found your recipees very healthy and practically compatible with my nutritional needs. Thanks! Tina
Firstly, thank you for the service. There is relatively little recognition in Switzerland of working mothers. Your service is incredibly innovative and very welcome. I have broadcast it far and wide.
Secondly, thank you for the actual products. Personally I think we will eat for longer than a week on the food that we received from you (two of our four being faiorly junior). The first meal last night was judged a huge success by all. I can't expect everything to be a winner, but it's great fun to follow such easy recipes and have everything to hand. All in all I wish you every possible success.
My first comment is: IT IS GREAT
The dinners are excellent, easy to prepare and the ingredients of good quality. I like the surprise of having someone else think about my family meals.
The system of delivery at work is very convenient.
In summary, I would like to continue with ordering more diners!>
Best Regards and good luck with your new business.
What I appreciate the most in the recipes is the quantity of different vegetables and especially the quality, fresh and tasty (because BIO probably-even potatoes make difference...). Chicken is clean. Meat is fresh. Fish is fine (it is hard to keep it extremely fresh anyway in this country...far from the sea...). Spices are extremely fresh and full of flavour...All delivered at home proprely with check list. The idea of bilingual explanation is good and useful and how you present on 2 different sheets of paper.>
Nush ("la maitresse de maison") for the A. family
You asked for feedback, so here are my few first comments:
· Great sounding recipes, very appetizing – I’ve not had time to test them yet;
· Good variety, sounding healthy;
· Very friendly delivery crew;
· You included all the extras that I did not expect (onion, garlic, cooking spray…) nice!
· Obviously, setting up different sizes. We are only 3. Veronique does not eat much, so we will have way too much food. As I mentioned earlier, I’ll be alone one week and would have loved to prepare such food for myself that week. I might have enough leftovers anyhow;
· On the recipes, include the total time required (for planning). I will do the salmon tonight and expect 45 minutes with a hot oven, but I am just guessing… Your guess might be better than mine…
Hope this helps,
Having almost completed our first week on LaimaDinners, were very happy to report that we've enjoyed it very much, and would like to continue, as you will see once I order next week's food.
A couple of comments on this week's menu, in case you're looking for feedback: The meatloaf was delicious, I've never had it before. I've also loved all the root vegetables, which I'd normally by-pass in the supermarket, as well as the grain risotto tonight. It didn't look all that exciting on paper, but it was delicious in reality. I wanted to tell you that the turkey dish was too salty, perhaps the quantity of soya sauce should be altered? Also, the amount of mushrooms accompanying the grain risotto was nowhere near enough for 4 people, and I was very happy there's only 2 of us. The quantities for the other meals have been pretty much spot on.
I was a lit bit disturbed on Monday, when arriving at home to have all this food, and try to dispatch according to the menus. When you go shopping yourself, you register in your mind, what and for which use..
However, I did not give up and took my time to organise myself and start my first recipe: Lamb.
Well, .... very good! Surprising (especially for the children: quinoa and asparagus........) and also unusual smell (asparagus cooked in white wine), but everybody was happy at the end. About the quantities: enough meat for 6 people, and I have added lentils and quinoa... and ended with some food for the day after.
Amazing! Really very good! Difficult to eat for my impatient young ones..... but so good!!!
Yesterday: Chicken.. I have adapted a little bit the recipe (good opportunity to test new ideas) by adding some pistacho pesto in the sauce.....again, very good
I also started preparing tonight's dinner, as I know I will arrive late.
As a summary:
Recipes: Very good, very easy to make, very well explained, very fast......
Thank you for this extraordinary cooking week!